The Ventilation Station: vent your mommy woes here

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
Cinnamon

Re: The Ventilation Station: vent your mommy woes here

Post by Cinnamon »

I find parenting to be extremely difficult. As a mom to a 13 year old with possible depression or maybe it's just adolescence I battle with having patience, not yelling, and just wanting to check out entirely sometimes.
I saw this post and it sounds like you are overwhelmed.
Parenting a 13 year old girl is very hard, those hormones hit and the girl-group meanies hit harder and they have to keep so much inside and yeah, they vent like hell and take it out on mom.
I am sure your husband is a good guy but when I see posts about checking out, that he could raise her alone, I must speak:
if he loves you at all, he would be in shock and grief and pain and guilt..and in no condition to raise a 13 year old who would be going thru one of the most difficult times in her own life.
And she would miss you at each milestone - graduations, dates, her own children unless she felt, gosh being a mom is so bad that my mom killed herself or worse, I was so bad my mom killed herself.
Great legacy to leave a kid if you really really want to mess them up.

Depression aside, if you are that depressed, and I hope you are seeing a therapist, you also need help - someone to take over more of the burden while you heal, and if you can, get away for a vacation and if you can't do some other things that soothe and that boost your sense of purpose and self love because the best thing you can do for your daughter is to simply be there for her with love. in the end, that is the most important thing, not the shopping or homework help or whatever.
and be there for yourself, too. just hug yourself and love yourself and give yourself permission to take it one day at a time, thirteen doesn't last forever.
woo

Post by woo »

I love the idea of tickling instead of losing your shit.. I have a bad temper and a past from which I need to escape from partly.. I need to find ways of controlling my temper and crying so my boy doesn't learn the wrong way to deal with life. I had an epiphany when my son saw me "picking" up the house one day and I was so pissed by how messy it was, I threw a pair of shoes across the room into the basket where we keep them.. since then, he has been throwing things everywhere.. not okay! I didn't think he would learn to imitate me at such a young age.. he's only 15 months! Crazy. Much love to all of you. We all need to stick together.. thank you for letting me know I'm not alone
Magpie

Post by Magpie »

Dragon Lady
Burning anger ready to explode
Inner child crying for acceptance
Cry little girl, the sun will rise
The Dragon will sleep

Return to “Parenting”