Finally think I'm on the right track after 3 months on Abili

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
Jitterz
Issues: Anxiety, panic disorder, ADD, body image, and depression
preferred pronoun: She

Finally think I'm on the right track after 3 months on Abili

Post by Jitterz »

So I've been diagnosed with depression and anxiety since I was fifteen. Now I'm 27 and have been trying everything for years (mainly ssri's) and nothing has helped! It's so frustrating and l know I'm preaching to the choir here...but three weeks ago I was placed on Abilify by my psychiatrist in addition to my cocktail of Cymbalta, Concerta and Klonopin (Ritalin as needed). With that combo I felt better but my moods were still all over the chart and the fatique was just unbearable. I couldn't get anything done and was literally just dragging ass on a daily basis. I am finally starting to feel the benefits of the Abilify! I have more energy and my moods are more leveled out from mornomg to evening. Before I'd have bouts of euphoria and then shortly after I'd go into a deep deep depression. Every day I was having these crazy mood swings up up down down and neutral in between. The abilify I believe has made me more productive and energetic and I feel happier and don't feel as depressed.I'm more optonistic than ever and don't get those horrible dark feelings of dread. I haven't gained any weight I know it's a common side effect but no problem so far even though I eat like shit and don't exercise as much as i should. But I finally feel like those 'normal people ' that seem so foreign to us. I am so happy to finally post something positive on this forum. I am also working with a therapist every Saturday which I believe is a must if you are being treated by a psychiatrist. I just feel so hopeful for my future now . I'm not lazy and I've been cleaning and organizing my apartment like a normal functioning human being whereas before I couldn't even get out of bed to pee! The only negative so far is a bit of insomnia ...but that's only if i take it too late in the day. If I take it too late I stay up and eat junk food which is why I think so many people experience the weight gain . Other than that I think this might be the one you guys I just know it. Or at least i hope so! Will keep anyone interested posted. Thanks for reading I tend to ramble a lot lol.
"I am trying-I am trying to explore my unconscious wishes and fears, trying to lift the barrier of repression, of self-deception, that controls my everyday self." ~Sylvia Plath
brownblob
Issues: depression and anxiety
preferred pronoun: whatshisname

Re: Finally think I'm on the right track after 3 months on A

Post by brownblob »

Glad to hear you've found something that works for you.
I don't like people much and they don't much like me. -A Beautiful Mind
I'm Homesick for a home I never had.--Soul Asylum "Homesick"

Return to “Depression - BiPolar”