How do i get it together for Monday

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
CoQ10

How do i get it together for Monday

Post by CoQ10 »

Hello.I have been having the worst month and a half i seem to be getting really depressed again it's a bad one. I know i am at fault too because i don't take care of myself in terms of not sleeping at regular times (such as taking a nap and then staying up until 1 or 2 am) then i have to intermittently get on a regular schedule for work like getting up at 8 am or something (I work part time totally various hours) I also eat junky food and i am gaining weight; i smoke, i don't exercise. My home life is stressful because i am the only one earning money and it is alot of pressure (I tend not to think about it or i will really make myself sick.) My husband is still recovering from surgery of a year ago, he is looking for work but is on heavy duty medication and has painful days so i am not hopeful he will find something , we are living from one of my paychecks to the next. We don't hang out together, we fight alot, and don't sleep together. It's been since 2008 or so and he is in a law suit over the car accident and we are still waiting for a settlement i just cannot believe how long it has been. Obviously there are good days at home and work and with friends but that is besides the point.
I had to see my Psychiatrist today i missed work yesterday and today with late notice and was able to stay off work all weekend. My question is how do i get stable in two days? I always seem to "pull it together" push everything aside and then go back to it but i am trying to prevent going off the rails again. Doc gave me a new med but i don't know what else to do. I am afraid i am going to worry too much about my job (losing it) and my co-workers hating me for putting them through being short staffed on short notice again. Anyhow i am probably saying too much i just wanted advice on how to feel better in a short amount of time in order to work through stuff in a "regular" work week. Thanks so much if you reply. Have a good weekend.
C
fifthsonata

Re: How do i get it together for Monday

Post by fifthsonata »

Co, there isn't really a good solution to get yourself together in two days.

At present, you know that you're not taking care of yourself. It's damn hard to do if you're depressed - but it doesn't mean you can't try. You've addressed, at the moment, what you can do - sleep at regular times, eat well, and take care of yourself. Make things simple at first.

On Monday, call your counselor (if you have one) and move your session up to a closer date. Explain what's going on. Since you posted in the bipolar section I have to assume you're bipolar; the biggest help you can do with bipolar illness is make a regular schedule. Do things that keep your body in balance so it doesn't influence any episodes. You can't control them completely but if you do the work, you can get control of it eventually.

As for work, well, your health always comes first. Yes, your coworkers may be mad at you for leaving them short-staffed, but that's their problem to deal with. Losing your job due to lack of attendance is the one you need to worry about it. I can't give you advice on that one.

Be mindful of your behaviors over the next two days and do things as if they're a natural schedule - eating, sleeping, etc. Routine behaviors. It might help you for Monday. Make sure to call your counselor or psychiatrist and tell them what's going on - perhaps you're about to hit a depressive phase and your meds could be adjusted.
CoQ10

Reply getting it together for Monday

Post by CoQ10 »

Hello Fifthsonata
Thank you for the reply! I appreciate it.
I have not managed to do anything well and i fell asleep today which is not good
i have to go to bed early to get on a schedule. It sucks that it is daylight
savings time this weekend i am going to lose one hour of sleep :?
I did contact my employer and she was able to shorten my shift on Monday
so i can take it a bit easier which is good she has been very accommodating;
which makes me hopeful that i wont get into too much trouble with my
employer.

As for doctors and stuff i am trying a new medication but i am really unsure about it
Yes i have Bipolar disorder and some OCD tendencies. It is Cypralex 10 mg
I seem to be having headaches and slight nausea and trouble eating. (But i could have had the
headache from waking up too late this morning so i will have to see.) I am going
to see my Psychiatrist Friday next.
Other than that i am trying to push myself to go to a Psychologist i met her once last
year but I cant seem to get my behind to her office. Every time i make an appointment i
cancel it.
Anyhow thanks again have a good evening
C
fifthsonata

Re: How do i get it together for Monday

Post by fifthsonata »

Your husband - can he take you? Is there someone in your life - friend, family member - who can drive you to appointments and hold you accountable for them?

If you want this to get better, you've got to find a way to make it work.
CoQ10

Reply: How do i get it together for Monday

Post by CoQ10 »

Hello again
I must attend the appointment friday with my Psychiatrist so i can ask him about the pill i am on
i can sleep on the bus if i have to.

As for Psychologist i will have to do something about it on my own as no one
can make me call and make an appointment i have to do that.
I know that i have to tell her a ton of stuff and i don't know where to start
and sometimes when i am well i cant think of anything to tell her it is
easy to brush it off and stay at home because i don't want to leave the house.

I am actually feeling better with my other meds and the Cypralex which is the
good news no headache today no stomach-ache. We shall see
Thanks again for your help :)
C

Return to “Depression - BiPolar”