Feeling Worthless

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
Geek

Feeling Worthless

Post by Geek »

I'm feeling unsuccessful at the moment. I've been out of work sick a lot lately, and I'm feeling guilty over it. While I was out yesterday, one of my projects didn't go as planned. I'm feeling pretty useless, that I'm not contributing to the workplace like I should. I had a procure yesterday, so maybe it's the meds they used on me interacting with my normal meds.

Thanks for listening.
shanarchy

Re: Feeling Worthless

Post by shanarchy »

Hi Geek,

In my opinion, guilt is a useless feeling. If you are sick, you need to rest. There's nothing to feel guilty about getting what you need.
About your project, there's a saying in Spanish "No hay mal que por bien no venga." Which roughly translates to: there's no bad thing that doesn't come for a good reason. Sorry for the really bad translation, but I hope you get the picture.
Don't be so hard on yourself. Your worth has nothing to do with your performance. You are worthy no matter what.
~Shanarchy

"You are more talented than you think, more beautiful than you know, and more loved than you can imagine." ~Kandee Johnson
oak

Post by oak »

Hey Geek.

While I don't have any answers, I do send you some love.
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
Geek

Post by Geek »

Thank you for your replies, it makes me feel better to know I'm not crazy. Lately, things have been just piling up, and it's like I just need to slow down, but I can't. My meds were decreased, so the racing thoughts are back along with the attention issues. I'm hoping to up my meds soon, but I haven't received a call back from the pdoc yet.
oak

Post by oak »

Glad to hear things are better. Keep us posted. You are in a safe place here.
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim

Return to “Depression - BiPolar”