Low Self-Esteem Day

Share about body image related issues. To share about physical struggles, i.e. pain, exhaustion, disabilities etc go to the "Physical Struggles" subforum.
amycoffeeface

Low Self-Esteem Day

Post by amycoffeeface »

Oh man.

Saw a picture of myself at an angle I am not used to seeing.. amazing how it can just ruin your day. (In fact.. I think Jim Gaffigan made a joke about that)

When I am having low self esteem I start picking at my face like crazy (plucking, messing with black heads..etc) because I want to be able to control ONE part of my self and yet I make myself look worse..

But, then I was at a family members house and they were awing over my little 8 month old son and my son is in the stage where he gets major separation anxiety.. So after a while of someone besides me holding him, he would start to fuss and reach out for me. It just hit me like a ton of bricks that you know what, I am fat, I am never going to be a Victoria Secrets model and yet here I have two little boys who love me unconditionally and they do not care what I look like. They love me for me.

It was exactly what I needed to realize. Sometimes I can tell myself that over and over again, but when it all comes in to focus.. it is pretty amazing.
“In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on,” - Robert Frost
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Re: Low Self-Esteem Day

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Low self-esteem turned into justified high self-esteem! That is awesome! :D
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
MiaMichelle

Post by MiaMichelle »

Wow thats beautiful. You're so lucky.

Can't wait to be a mom in 10 years. :D
Cheldoll
Issues: Depression, anxiety, anorexia, sexually abused
preferred pronoun: She

Post by Cheldoll »

That's so sweet! I love it.
xoxo,
Chel

" Many people need desperately to receive this message: I feel and think much as you do,
care about many of the things you care about, although most people don't care about them.
You are not alone. " — Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Return to “Body Image”