Top of underwear/pants folded in half and the like

Share about body image related issues. To share about physical struggles, i.e. pain, exhaustion, disabilities etc go to the "Physical Struggles" subforum.
gfyourself
Issues: Emotional eating, dysthymia, anxiety

Top of underwear/pants folded in half and the like

Post by gfyourself »

Good ex by Paul on Episode 111 Karen Kilgariff re you know your fat when the top of your underwear / pants is folded in half... i.e. think of an out of control muffin top.

Paul I see your half folded pants and raise you an eroded pants and underwear crotch! Due to the thighs rubbing together.

God this is gross, but true.
Churble

Re: Top of underwear/pants folded in half and the like

Post by Churble »

I see your eroded thighs (when I started having that problem I thought I could patch those holes... you cannot) and raise you pants with broken zippers because you couldn't button them but you could half way zip them and fold the top inside and call it good enough. Zippers are not load bearing, they can not handle that kind of pressure.
If there is one thing the history of evolution has taught us it's that life will not be contained. Life breaks free, it expands to new territories and crashes through barriers, painfully, maybe even dangerously, but, well, there it is. Life finds a way.
gfyourself

Post by gfyourself »

Lol Churble you got me there, I fold!
After that its pretty much sweatpants. Though the jeans they have now that have a bit of stretchy stuff in them are nice in that you can still retain a little dignity of the jeans wearing and not have to go straight to the sweatpants.
gfyourself

Post by gfyourself »

PS Yes, its true that you can't patch the thigh erosion - it sucks because you have to chuck otherwise good pants!
Churble

Post by Churble »

Oh I know, jeans with 5% spandex are the one of the greatest inventions of all time. They also save a ton of money if you yo-yo, that little bit of stretch means not having to buy new jeans as often.
If there is one thing the history of evolution has taught us it's that life will not be contained. Life breaks free, it expands to new territories and crashes through barriers, painfully, maybe even dangerously, but, well, there it is. Life finds a way.
MizLzie

Post by MizLzie »

I recently discovered a "curvy" line of jeans and they have been a god send. Now I can jam my belly fat into the waist and the back doesn't gape from my big ass!

It's the little things ;)
gfyourself

Post by gfyourself »

Oh, another one. I now sweat when I drink coffee. Good times.
Cheesehead

Post by Cheesehead »

There is always the lovely sound corduroys make when your thighs rub together. One of the reasons I don't wear them!
Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription.. is more cowbell!
fifthsonata

Post by fifthsonata »

I'll see your clothing issues to having a doctor tell you you weigh too much to qualify for eating disorder treatment.
Churble

Post by Churble »

Been there too.

"You couldn't possibly be purging and still be as overweight as you are."

Meanwhile I've had 5 teeth pulled due to excessive corrosion and am on multiple antacids to stop the corrosion/scarring of my esophagus. But no, you're totally right, doc, I'm way too fat to have a problem.

Return to “Body Image”