Finally seeing the light.

Share about body image related issues. To share about physical struggles, i.e. pain, exhaustion, disabilities etc go to the "Physical Struggles" subforum.
karmacomatic

Finally seeing the light.

Post by karmacomatic »

For years, since I was 11 years old, I dealt with body issues from anorexia to bulimia to over-exercising. A lot of this came from being a dancer and being expected to be small. There were times when I would go weeks on end without eating. I would look at myself in the mirror and say- wow I am disgusting!

All of that tormented me until I was 20 years old (that's how old I am now). I don't know how the change happened but I think it's been a combination of getting clean of substances, having a supportive family and boyfriend to help me through the self-loathing times, seeing a therapist, and just finding other things to occupy my mind. Of course I still have my days that I feel gross but for the most part, getting all that help certainly did me good. I am happy and healthy now and it feels good not to have to have that constantly weighing on my mind.

Idk why I'm posting, I guess sometimes it's just good to see a success story with things like this, I know I can appreciate them.

As a recovered person of multiple eating disorders, I just want to say I wish everyone the same luck that I've had in recovering. I know it's hard, but hopefully someday you'll see that you're just as beautiful as can be.

-Rose
Cheesehead

Re: Finally seeing the light.

Post by Cheesehead »

Thanks for sharing that...if this isn't the place you can brag on yourself and your success, I don't know where that place would be. All of us suffer with so much and we should be reminded that there is always hope and reason to keep going. Even when we have gotten to places of peace, we will always continue to be called back "the to dark side"...but with the help and support needed it can always get better.

Thanks for the reminder & much congrats on making it to where you are and wishing you lots of continued success!
Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription.. is more cowbell!

Return to “Body Image”