Broadcasting My Experiences

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
quickfall

Broadcasting My Experiences

Post by quickfall »

Hi all,

Partly inspired by discovering Paul's podcast, and partly resultant of my desire to recount my experiences juxtaposed against my lack of a desire to write a book (despite multiple attempts), I've decided to podcast the 7-8 years of abuse/manipulation/brain-washing I experienced as a teenager and young adult. Not to suggest that anybody's abuse or the like isn't fucked up, but I've been told several times that my experiences are a special brand of fucked up and the more I think about it, because my "story" flies in the face of many, many stereotypes about abuse and abusers, I feel like this is the right way for me to tell my story and process it. It's both in the self-interested hope that I'll finally be able to let go and move on with my life through processing it out loud, raw, and uncensored, and in the interest of hopefully helping others by being a voice for victims, and not censoring myself in the way that books tend to get censored.

Anyway, I know I've found Paul's podcast to be tremendously helpful, and so I thought I'd share this venture here. The link to it in iTunes is:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/les ... d731358130

Also, I will definitely say at the beginnings of episodes if there are "trigger warnings" above and beyond the inherent nature of the podcast and cover those bases as best I can.

Return to “Trauma/Abuse/Violation”