Husband of a sexual abuse victim

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
Tenderbird

Husband of a sexual abuse victim

Post by Tenderbird »

Hello All,
I just found this website, podcast, and forum. I am the husband to a my wife of (four years) who just recently told me about being raped when she was in her mid-teens (she's now late twenties). I want her to be able to talk to me about it, however, usually the conversations don't go well. That is, I usually say some thing that offends her. I'm learning quickly that my role here is just to listen and accept her. So here is my request, can someone recommend any type of publication that will help me communicate with her in regard to these events?

As a side note to those who might be wondering, she does have a professional counselor whom she talks with.

Thank You,
Tenderbird
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Re: Husband of a sexual abuse victim

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Hello Tenderbird, I read your post, and I honor your suffering. You are a kind and competent caregiver to your wife. Below are some links for you and her. Please take care, all the best, we here are cheering for you and for your greatest today and tomorrow!

___.oOo.______.oOo.______.oOo.______.oOo.______.oOo.______.oOo.______.oOo.___

Sexual/Physical Abuse Resources

Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network - RAINN.org

Abusive Relationships thread on this board - a description of a violent relationship and some solutions/resources

Emergency Resources for Abused Women - newhouseshelter.org

From helpguide.org - curated advice for battered women

Cheers to you, for scrolling all the way down to the bottom of this copypasta! :D
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
Tenderbird

Re: Husband of a sexual abuse victim

Post by Tenderbird »

Thanks manuel_moe_g!
I'll give these link a good read.

-Tenderbird

Return to “Trauma/Abuse/Violation”