Opting out of the marriage market.

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
oak

Opting out of the marriage market.

Post by oak »

There is zero demand for me in the marriage market, so I am opting out.

Opting out, in the same sense George Bailey opted out of that Pottersville bar, or how Charlie Brown opted out of kicking the football.

In fact, there is zero demand for me for a coffee date: In the last six months I've invited out 30 women, and they all said no. (They were all exceedingly kind, but still no.)

There is zero interest in me for a date. None.

I thought I might be one of the yellow or green Monopoly properties, maybe with hotels.

In the marriage market I'm not even a light blue property with a single house: I am Free Parking or Just Visiting. I am nothing.

I am going to take my proverbial football and go home. I'll continue to to improve my teeth, take steps to earn more money, and eat right/exercise. Ironically, things that will supposedly attract women. (Bitter guffaw)

Except.

I am meeting this week, ostensibly for lunch, a former colleague. She has given me signals of interest (and there are only five signals of interest, so I can clearly recognize them!). If she gives unambiguous signals I will invite her. For now, this is it.
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
bigeekgirl
Issues: depression/anxiety. co-dependence, disordered eating/using food to cope
preferred pronoun: she

Re: Opting out of the marriage market.

Post by bigeekgirl »

You just never know, oak. For me, not knowing is exceptionally difficult even if it's supposed to be hopeful.
oak

Re: Opting out of the marriage market.

Post by oak »

Thank you, BGG, I know what you say is true.

I am going to continue to try to improve myself.
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim

Return to “Sexuality”