I need help

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
pale_ale
Issues: Depression
preferred pronoun: she

I need help

Post by pale_ale »

I really need help right now but I don't know were to start. Do I go to a regular doctor or a mental health place. Should I work on not drinking first? I dont have insurance or money I am pretty sure that I dont even have a job anymore. I am just lost.
oak

Re: I need help

Post by oak »

If you are in America, call 211.

Regarding the alcohol, call the New York Intergroup at (212) 647-1680

Also google: [your area] + AA intergroup

If you are religious, call Celebrate Recovery at 800.278.1848

If you are outside of America, call the appropriate number: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_s ... isis_lines

From anywhere in the world, these are the first people I'd contact: http://www.samaritans.org/

If you just lost your job apply for unemployment. Call 211 to ask about Medicaid (or your country's equivalent). Regarding insurance (which I encourage you to get as soon as you are able), you can apply for the ACA through Medicaid.

Who you call,and in what order are much less important than you starting to seek help right away. Keep telling people what you told us. It may be on your first try, it could be on your 14th. But someone will listen and help.

Start calling these numbers as soon as you finish reading this sentence. Good luck.
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
pale_ale
Issues: Depression
preferred pronoun: she

Post by pale_ale »

Thank you for all the information I appreciate it. I have started getting help. My life is a mess right now but hopefully things will get better if I do what I need to.
oak

Post by oak »

Good.

Good for you.

I am glad you took action, no matter how "small" the action might seem.

Hang in there. Don't give up.

Someday this will be in your rearview mirror. You're going to make it.

Just keep taking action.
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim

Return to “Depression - Unipolar (non BiPolar)”