Positive Self Talk

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
Imissmysun
Issues: Anxiety, Depression, past trauma healing,
preferred pronoun: she

Positive Self Talk

Post by Imissmysun »

We talk a lot about negative self talk in our posts - about how defining it is - and how all encompassing it is - how hard it can be to get over that - I don't know what made me remember this but I just did Mohammed Ali had a hype man named Crocodile - Crocodile's only job was to tell Mohammed Ali how great he was - Crocodile had this deep gravelly voice and would say things like "Look at you, you the best boxer ever - look how shiny those gloves are - you gonna beat that guy" - so I just decided today that I am going to put my own crocodile in my head - he will tell me that I am the best order prosessor in the company - that my smile lights 1000 bulbs - its not me being arrogant - just like the negative voice is not your voice either - it is the abusers that hurt us and are still taking residense in our head - but if I have to listen to a voice I want it telling me that I am doing good things for myself - so if I need to listen to crocodile until I can listen to myself then its a step, "Sarah you the best forum writer on this particular post on this particular day ever!"
Just another messed up chick, who hates her body and face, and voice, and thinks she is useless and her stuff isn't that bad and she should get over it.
-Sarah St. Lunatic
Murphy
Issues: Depression, Social Anxiety, Rumination

Re: Positive Self Talk

Post by Murphy »

I like it! :)
Any care that keeps you from your feet is a care that carries your defeat
HowDidIGetHere
Issues: Bipolar II, Borderline/Avoidant Personality Disorder, child abuse/neglect
preferred pronoun: he

Post by HowDidIGetHere »

its not me being arrogant - just like the negative voice is not your voice either
I really appreciate this. I mean, I spend so much energy telling myself that the inner critic is lying, but never make any effort to develop an inner admirer instead.
'The field “Issues” is too long, a maximum of 80 characters is allowed.' Wow. Totally outed by a message board.

WTF Just Happened?—a new web magazine on coming out as mentally ill.
oak

Post by oak »

Go for it! That is a really great idea.

Let us know how it goes.
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim

Return to “Depression - Unipolar (non BiPolar)”