Deplin for anxiety and depression.

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
Jitterz
Issues: Anxiety, panic disorder, ADD, body image, and depression
preferred pronoun: She

Deplin for anxiety and depression.

Post by Jitterz »

Has anyone been prescribed Deplin? After the last 11 years or so of trial and error on antidepressants I've come to find that nothing helps. My psych just gave me samples of Deplin to try for a few weeks. Not seeking medical advice just want to hear others' experience with the drug...although I should just stay off the Internet every time I start a new med :lol:
"I am trying-I am trying to explore my unconscious wishes and fears, trying to lift the barrier of repression, of self-deception, that controls my everyday self." ~Sylvia Plath
rivergirl
Issues: Depression, Anxiety

Re: Deplin for anxiety and depression.

Post by rivergirl »

Hi Jitterz,
I've been taking this for a few months after it was prescribed by my psychiatrist. My understanding is that it's a different form of the supplement folate, so not really an anti-depressant. I haven't noticed any effects from it, either good or bad, so I'm not sure I'll continue to take it.

It can be expensive if your insurance doesn't cover it. My psychiatrist gave me a number to call and I was able to get it by mail for about $50 per month. They also say they will refund the money if it doesn't help you.

I've been told there's a test that shows if you have a deficiency that would make the supplement more likely to help.

Good luck trying it out. I hope you find something that helps you soon.

rivergirl

Return to “Depression - Unipolar (non BiPolar)”