Another night alone

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
Jitterz
Issues: Anxiety, panic disorder, ADD, body image, and depression
preferred pronoun: She

Another night alone

Post by Jitterz »

I hate being by myself. But I love to isolate myself. My boyfriend is going out with friends tonight and I decided to stay in. I wish I wanted to get out but all I want to do is lay in bed. I kind of wish my boyfriend would stay home with me and comfort me but I don't want to be THAT girl...I hate feeling overly needy. I just got out of the hospital yesterday though and wish he could just tell his friends to fuck off because he needs to spend time with me. I'm so pathetic :cry:
"I am trying-I am trying to explore my unconscious wishes and fears, trying to lift the barrier of repression, of self-deception, that controls my everyday self." ~Sylvia Plath
Imissmysun
Issues: Anxiety, Depression, past trauma healing,
preferred pronoun: she

Re: Another night alone

Post by Imissmysun »

You are speaking right from my brain - my fiance goes out all the time - and I would actually love to go with him - but I get to be the built in kid watcher - I don't have friends like he does - it SUCKS! I have no idea how to make friends as a grown up and that makes me feel even more like a loser - and then I get lonely and depressed and jealous and envious and then I beat myself up because obviously there is something wrong with me that he doesn't want to be home -

of course none of this is true - he just needs to go out and get energy from others - he is an extrovert - he needs that - I get it - its part of his mental health - it just sucks to always be left behind and feel unimportant - which I do often - and that bleeds out all over the place affecting just about everything
Just another messed up chick, who hates her body and face, and voice, and thinks she is useless and her stuff isn't that bad and she should get over it.
-Sarah St. Lunatic
Brooke

Re: Another night alone

Post by Brooke »

I know that feeling... I don't want to keep my husband from socializing, but I don't want to join him even when he asks me to come. It's hard to maintain a healthy balance, you want to support him, but you also want him to support you... My personal rule is that if I'm going through something and need him to stay, I ask, but if I think I can handle being by myself, I let him go out and enjoy himself.

If you are fresh out of the hospital, I think it's ok to ask him to be by your side. I understand that you don't want to be that needy chick, but you've got to look after yourself, too. You're so not pathetic (even though I completely understand where you're coming from). All of us are overly needy at some point. It's totally ok and normal. Take care of yourself.

Return to “Depression - Unipolar (non BiPolar)”