Wellbutrin and diazepam?

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
MarkS

Wellbutrin and diazepam?

Post by MarkS »

I've been a more-or-less lifelong user of Wellbutrin with fairly acceptable results. It takes the edge off and makes the roller coaster more into a livably bumpy ride. Plus, it's been the only antidepressant that has never hit me with side-effects. That, alone, is a huge plus. That said, while I was maintaining, I was still under the dark veil of daily depression.

Last week, owing to a medical need entirely unrelated to my depression, my PCP wrote me a temporary script for diazepam (aka, good old valium) Oddly, I have never in my life taken valium, and I was utterly unprepared for what happened next. While it seems to be doing a good job at its intended use, the psychological effect has been miraculous. It's as if a veil has been lifted. I simply feel...open and clear. My therapist noticed right away something was different at our session this week. My posture was completely different...open, positive, unguarded. My wife is amazed at how different I am now. In just a short week, we're closer and communicating more than we have in years. I dare say I'm actually...happy?

Now, don't get me wrong. I've done quite a lot of drug experimentation over my long life, so i can easily recognize the difference between a druggy "happy" and what has been going on this week.

But, of course, there are questions. Has anyone here utilized this combination over an extended period of time? From what I can determine, this is not a common drug combo, and i'm unclear what long-term use of diazepam will do to me. Of course, long-term use of Wellbutrin isn't exactly harmless either, so, I guess it's a game of trade-offs.

Anyway, I'd love to hear from anyone who might have incorporated diazepam into their antidepressant regimine, successfully or not.

Thanks!
Sure, understanding today's complex world of the future is a little like having bees live in your head. But, there they are.

Return to “Depression - Unipolar (non BiPolar)”