I'm losing it.

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
nowwhat
Issues: Depression, anxiety, ptsd, poverty.
preferred pronoun: She

I'm losing it.

Post by nowwhat »

I have depression, anxiety, and PTSD. I'm not handling the holidays very well and my depression has been through the roof. I've been crying on and off all day and I don't even know why. I just yelled at a bunch of kids in my apartment complex. Doing that now a days could get you punched by the parents. I'm really losing it, I've never done that before, and now I'm afraid the parents are going to come to my door. My friend is picking me up soon for dinner and I'm just trying to slow my breathing. I have a horrible headache. I just needed to vent somewhere where I knew there were people that would understand.
brownblob
Issues: depression and anxiety
preferred pronoun: whatshisname

Re: I'm losing it.

Post by brownblob »

Sorry to hear you are having such a hard time. The holidays can be hard. I hope dinner went ok.
I don't like people much and they don't much like me. -A Beautiful Mind
I'm Homesick for a home I never had.--Soul Asylum "Homesick"
snoringdog
Issues: anxiety, depression, automatic negative thoughts, intrusive thoughts, SAD.
preferred pronoun: "Good Boy!"

Post by snoringdog »

Hello Nowhat,

Yes, sounds like classic depression. Crying jags and irritability at noise and uncontrollable surroundings....

Hope you're feeling better, and that your friend was able to listen.

Do you know the kids you lost your temper with? If so, maybe they'll be understanding if/when you see them again and get to discuss it....
Most young people seem pretty understanding.

Be well.

SD
Heatherwantspeace
preferred pronoun: she

Post by Heatherwantspeace »

Hi nowwhat,
You're not alone in having a hard time during the holidays. There's lots of sadness even behind happy faces.
I hope you were able to enjoy your dinner. I'm so happy you had someone to get out with!
Heather

Return to “Depression - Unipolar (non BiPolar)”