Deficit in cognitive control

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
ScottMentalPod

Deficit in cognitive control

Post by ScottMentalPod »

This is why think meditation is important. It can be used to help teach you how focus on relevant information and ignore irrelevant information.
Individuals with schizophrenia are distracted by emotional information, which is uniquely caused by reduced activity between the amygdala and the medial prefrontal cortex, according to a new study published this February in Schizophrenia Bulletin.
Psychotic disorders, such as schizophrenia, are characterized by deficits in cognitive control, with previous evidence showing impairments in both focusing upon relevant information and ignoring irrelevant information. More specifically, it has been shown that irrelevant emotional information can disrupt attention during tasks in psychotic disorders, when compared with healthy individuals.
http://www.psypost.org/2016/06/new-neur ... ence-43396

Another small step forward.
vernal
Issues: schizoaffective
schizophrenia
addiction
preferred pronoun: he

Re: Deficit in cognitive control

Post by vernal »

I see the evidence within that claim.
All my issues that i have struggled with has been an excessive emotion with a irrational response to the situation.
I am not sure about the communication problem in the brain, no argument intended.
As we know, schizophrenia is known to have a high brain level of dopamine which is the pleasure chemical.
Obviously the emotional level and possible communication circuits in the brain are disrupted.

Return to “Schizophrenia”