Check out calm.com for easy meditation breaks in your day

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
detfan4life
Issues: Bipolar illness, panic disorder
preferred pronoun: She

Check out calm.com for easy meditation breaks in your day

Post by detfan4life »

I don't work for them, but I love calm.com and have found it to be easy to use to ease my anxiety for the past six months. There's a free app as well or you can use the desktop version. There are several relaxing nature-based soundtracks and visuals you can choose from, and you can select from one of the lessons about mindfulness meditation (roughly 10 minutes each), a guided meditation (a full range of times), or simply a timer with no one talking so that you don't fall asleep while meditating. This is one of the few coping skills I've been able to stick with for over a month at a time.
E is for Elephant
Issues: anxiety, depression
preferred pronoun: she

Re: Check out calm.com for easy meditation breaks in your da

Post by E is for Elephant »

I got the app after I heard one of the hosts of a comedy podcast I listen to talking about it. In theory I really like it, and I can see how it could be helpful...but...I feel kind of silly using it? I don't know. It's this weird mental block where meditation makes me feel super conscious. I don't know quite how to overcome that. I've had a lot of people recommend meditation and mindfulness to deal with my anxiety, so I'm trying to work through it.

Return to “Anxiety”