Anxiety dream?

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
wolftamer73
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: He

Anxiety dream?

Post by wolftamer73 »

For years, on and off, I have been having a recurring anxiety dream where I need to use the bathroom, but can't find anywhere that is private. Every option available to me either has no door, or no walls, or has glass walls etc. and people would be able to see me sitting down. This theme crops up in various dreams scenarios, with different people & places. Does anyone else have similar dreams, or is it just me?
WolfTamer
ladysquid
Issues: social and generalized anxiety, addictive tendencies, depression
preferred pronoun: she/her

Re: Anxiety dream?

Post by ladysquid »

I've never had a recurring dream but I definitely have anxiety dreams all the time.

My most recent one included my therapist scolding me and telling me I couldn't come back because I was late too many times. Really it was only once that I mixed up the schedule but it woke me up in a state of "OH GOD" :shock:

That's the funny thing about anxiety, a lot of people say that a good night's sleep or a nap will make you feel better but most of the time if I haven't taken time to calm down and clear my mind before bed I end up grinding the shit out of my teeth and having horrible dreams.
wolftamer73
preferred pronoun: He

Post by wolftamer73 »

OMG, don't even get me started on the teeth grinding. I cracked several teeth from grinding and have to wear a mouth guard now :(
WolfTamer
ladysquid
Issues: social and generalized anxiety, addictive tendencies, depression
preferred pronoun: she/her

Post by ladysquid »

Me too! If I don't wear mine the headaches are unbearable.

I've been attempting to take baths more regularly and substituting TV for books at night. It's helped a bit but nothing remarkable, sometimes I just have too much anxiety to release in the waking hours, it all comes out at night!
TherapyLifer
preferred pronoun: she

Post by TherapyLifer »

Yes! I call these "Bathroom From Hell" dreams :twisted: I've had discussions with friends about this, and I think it's a common anxiety dream theme. I have one about once a month.

Return to “Anxiety”