Lexapro Users!

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
birdsnotbombs
Issues: Depression and Anxiety
preferred pronoun: He

Lexapro Users!

Post by birdsnotbombs »

Has anybody experienced night sweats while taking this pill?
rivergirl
Issues: Depression, Anxiety

Re: Lexapro Users!

Post by rivergirl »

Yes! Recently switched from taking Paxil for many years to Lexapro. I had night sweats, day sweats, and a few other side effects including really vivid and sometimes disturbing dreams. I wasn't sure if these side effects were Paxil withdrawal or the Lexapro. However, all these symptoms have decreased after about a month.

Have you had any other side effects? And do you think the Lexapro is helping you?
sarah_tonin
Issues: anxiety, depression, ocd,
preferred pronoun: she

Post by sarah_tonin »

Oh yes! But mine went away eventually.
paint_it_black

Post by paint_it_black »

LOVE YOUR NAME. I am a human for a tiny parrot and love all the birbs (but anyway).

There were times when I did have a night sweat here or there but once I was on it for a while, I didn't notice anything odd. And I'm a warm person by nature so I always chalked it up to that. That said, a few days ago I had crazy night sweats. But, I am also on Seroquel and it was a hot night/not enough air flow in my room so...

I've always had really vivid dreams so I can't speak to that. Have you ever looked on erowid.org? Granted most posts are from people who use drugs recreationally but when I searched my drugs it was interesting to find experiences/side effects.

I've been on Prozac (generic), Effexor (generic only I think?), Wellbutrin (generic), Lexapro (reg and generic) and mabye one more? About 2-3 years ago I went back on the generic for Lexapro because it was the 1st that worked for me.

Hope things improve, especially if this one works for you!

Return to “Anxiety”