Bookending: 7 things to do.

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
AtomicCowgirl
Issues: Depression, adoption/reunion, critical family, special needs children
preferred pronoun: She/her

Re: Bookending: 7 things to do.

Post by AtomicCowgirl »

Hey, Oak! I've not been on the forum for a couple of weeks - work this time of year for me is six days a week and my ass is dragging. Finally checking back in. How did your last task go? How are you feeling?
*~*~*~*~*~
Cowgirl
oak

Re: Bookending: 7 things to do.

Post by oak »

Atomiccowgirl! Good day and thank you for inquiring!

I've not gotten around to the seventh action, signing up for yoga. Oh would some stretching and breathing do me good. I'll post when I get that done.

The other big action, of the seven, was going to the EAP counselor.

I learned in the Big Book that the secret to happiness is low expectations in life, and my expectations were very low indeed for a EAP counselor. I was delighted, and shocked, to find that the EAP counselor I went to was completely amazing.

I am not "fixed", "cured", or "normal", but the tools and perspective she gave me helped me to help myself.

Even though it was a month ago when I started this thread, I can hardly remember the day/circumstances that caused me to be in so much anguish. I remember swearing to myself that I'd never feel that bad again, and things are much better. I remember the pain.

Now that I have a few days off for the holidays, I can spend some time on self-care.
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim

Return to “Anxiety”