Panic attacks, feeling of grief

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
marathonbar

Panic attacks, feeling of grief

Post by marathonbar »

I should've seen it coming. This fall I was riding high... I've been really happy with work, have been exercising regularly, feeling great. Then Christmas came and bam! I was hit with a panic attack and now I'm terrified I"m in this cycle again of panic and depression.
The funny thing is, I just realized that this is what that is. I've been on meds for depression for years, but never realized that it gets kicked off by these panic attacks. In a way, it's kind of a relief to put a name to it. Anyway, I'm just wondering how other people feel when they have panic attacks. For me, it feels like a sense of doom or grief, like I'm mourning something that hasn't even happened. Like there is actual evil looming above me. On a physical level, it feels like there's poison running though my veins. My arms feel weak and my breathing is shallow. Does anyone else ever feel this?
I'm ready to live a life of joy.
oak

Re: Panic attacks, feeling of grief

Post by oak »

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear this.

Having been through two panic attacks in early December, I certainly feel for you. I've had a total of four in the past two years, and if I never have another one it will be too soon.

My second panic attack felt like Death was near me. Not a Grim Reaper or malevolent figure, just Death.

Panic attacks are the real deal, my friend. Anything new to report?
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
marathonbar

Post by marathonbar »

thanks so much, Oak. I'm doing much better now. Yes-- Death. It's the scariest, worst feeling in the world. It took me a good three or four days to shake it completely out of my system. I can't help but think that it's something totally chemical, because it just takes over your whole body. thanks for commenting. It helps to know I'm not alone!
I'm ready to live a life of joy.
oak

Post by oak »

Great! Keep us posted.
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim

Return to “Anxiety”