Anxiety and PTSD triggers (TW: abuse,etc)

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
reddelicious

Anxiety and PTSD triggers (TW: abuse,etc)

Post by reddelicious »

I've cleaned up the house, drank a ton of sleepytime tea, found an outfit for tomorrow, lit candles, smoked a bunch and made biscuits with honey. Very little is soothing me right now. I want my friends to come over and have a big nap pile with me. I want a hug but am scared of people touching me. Today was bad. B/c of my job I am around military people all day. Two men came in today wearing what resembled Army Ranger uniforms. I lost my shit and hid in the bathroom and until I somewhat got myself together. Turns out these guys were from the Dept of Corrections. Still that burgundy cap and green bdu's made me want to peel my skin off. All I could smell was my dad. Marlboro reds and Old Spice.

I hate this. Thanks for listening.
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Re: Anxiety and PTSD triggers (TW: abuse,etc)

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Hello, reddelicious, glad to know you are journaling your challenges in our little forum. We here are all cheering for you and for your greatest today and tomorrow! :D

Glad to read you did loving, soothing things for yourself: the tea, the biscuits with honey. Sorry to hear you had a trigger. Please be loving to yourself, soothing in the short term and fostering accomplishment in the long term. I know it is a juggling act. Please take care! :D
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
B-annie

Post by B-annie »

Any chance you would be willing to try EMDR?
reddelicious

Post by reddelicious »

I have been working on EMDR with my therapist. I am in a huge shift as far as coping mechanisms. For most of my life they were based in anger. Now that I am letting myself deal with the shame and vulnerability I am very unsure of my responses because my triggers seems so unpredictable now.

Return to “Anxiety”