Anxiety and Stress, can't take it anymore!

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
Geek

Anxiety and Stress, can't take it anymore!

Post by Geek »

I can't take it anymore!!! Dealing with people, dealing with stupid job demands, it never freakin lets up. I'm to the point that I wonder if its better to leave the job. It seems like the same $&); every year. I used to be on pins and needles because I never knew what mood the boss would be in. I have never cried so much at a job than I have here. Im looked at as the go to person, and unfortunately to others that means I'm the only one that can figure stuff out. Why have I been so stupid to let people dump on me like this??? I think a lot of my illnesses lately have been anxiety related. Just last year I had a fit at home when no one was around... I had that pins & needles feeling with a lot of crying. I just broke down. I'm beginning to think things wont change, and it's all because I've been a weenie letting people walk all over me. Thanks for listening.
MizLzie

Re: Anxiety and Stress, can't take it anymore!

Post by MizLzie »

Sorry to hear about all of that. Jobs can be stressful enough, nevermind dealing with difficult people. My last job was horrible for that. One person who would cut you down, belittle you. The other would sour the entire room when she was in a bad mood. I would get so stressed out I couldn't eat when they started in on their bullshit.

We spend so much time at work I don't think it's worth it to be that stressed out. I've always been of the mindset that i would rather make less $$ and enjoy my job, then more $$$ and dealing with what you're talking about.

I wish you the best in this situation. Take a breather when you can and I hope things get better.
ColemanSilk

Post by ColemanSilk »

It's amazing how people who don't have anxiety just don't get it. My anxiety has been in the stratosphere for about 8 months, mainly due to job-related things as well. I've lost a lot of weight and people will not shut up about how great I look. So does that mean I was a fat fuck before? Anyway I'm miserable so what do I even care that I allegedly look good? I'd gladly put on 50 pounds for a little piece of mind.

Recently I got so fed up with the compliments I actually just said, "you know, I've actually lost this weight because I'm so full of anxiety I can barely shove down a meal and a half a day." The person just continued as if they hadn't heard.

NB, I'm a guy. This must be 10x more annoying if you're a woman, since I assume like 90% of people would think a woman would be happy about losing weight.

Anyway geek, hope you get some relief soon.
Cheldoll
Issues: Depression, anxiety, anorexia, sexually abused
preferred pronoun: She

Post by Cheldoll »

Hey Geek, I hope you're feeling better. I really think it'd be good for you to look for another job. My mom was in management when I was a little kid and our family definitely enjoyed the $60k a year, but she was losing her mind with all the stress from her job (although having a depressed anorexic daughter attempting suicide is certainly what pushed her to the brink). Now she makes half that but has a job where she loves all the people she works with and while the stress is still there, it's much more manageable. She told me it was the best career decision she ever made. Your sanity is really not worth the money.
xoxo,
Chel

" Many people need desperately to receive this message: I feel and think much as you do,
care about many of the things you care about, although most people don't care about them.
You are not alone. " — Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Return to “Anxiety”