Morning, Noon, Night - when is it the worst?

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
snoringdog
Issues: anxiety, depression, automatic negative thoughts, intrusive thoughts, SAD.
preferred pronoun: "Good Boy!"

Re: Morning, Noon, Night - when is it the worst?

Post by snoringdog »

Another oldie but goodie.

Mornings are sometimes the worst for me just as I'm waking and becoming conscious, especially on dark and overcast days.

Depressive thoughts about the world and anxious thoughts about the upcoming day come flooding in. It's quite unpleasant, and makes me feel anxious, unsettled and overwhelmed.

Usually writing a few notes or a list and just getting the hell out of bed helps. And nothing like a glass of water and a stretch too. If a disaster of some sort is coming, at least I can meet it while I'm vertical.... ;)
Mental Fairy
Issues: Recently sleep walking increased. History of anxiety depression
preferred pronoun: She

Re: Morning, Noon, Night - when is it the worst?

Post by Mental Fairy »

Oh my my my I love this!

Interesting how we are all so different. Mine is evenings. Starts about 4pm and slowly goes up then about 6pm it’s like someone is driving my anxiety with a concrete shoe on.

I look out my office window now and it’s beautiful outside yet we are forecast for thunder and lightning tomorrow. It’s just as moody up on the sky as it is down here on soil.

Anxiety also kicks in before all appointments. Even getting my eyes checked or something as basic as a blood test.

We are interesting creatures

Return to “Anxiety”