Anxiety's Icy Hands

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
serious_oregon

Anxiety's Icy Hands

Post by serious_oregon »

Hey, pals.

Man, I'm so sorry for my silence on the forum lately. I'm not sure what's going on with me. My anxiety has been creeping back into my life in the form of nightly wake-ups with a pounding heart, night terrors, and general edginess throughout the day. I'm trying to keep it under wraps with my daily meditation, but sometimes it's soooo hard to get a grip on the grip it already has on you, ya know?

I've also been starting to sink into a bit of a depression. It may be the unpredictable NW weather; who knows? Once I'm outside the house and working or among friends, I can come out of it. It's the down time at home that really gets me. I can't find the gumption to get on here and talk to people like I should because I feel like my hands are bound and I'm partially blindfolded. I am back in therapy and plan on conquering some pretty tough issues, so maybe that's where this is all coming from. I guess I was kind of comfortable pretending everything was alright there for a while.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello to friends old and new, give big loves to everyone and hope you're all well or at least holding in there ;) . You're in my thoughts and I'm sorry if I'm not around to express my feelings lately. It's just one of those times. :(

Hugs, MIHHers!
serious_oregon
"Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand." - Legendary singer/songwriter/poet Patti Smith
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Re: Anxiety's Icy Hands

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Hello "serious_oregon", loved your written contributions to the forum, looking forward to you starting up again!

The bad thing about anxiety and depression is that it makes you uncertain of exactly the things that are most likely to improve your mood. This reminds me to get up from my desk and walk around the block! :D

My skin is crawling from just the idea of starting to dive into my email "inbox". :lol: :lol: :oops: :cry: :( :o :shock: :? :cry: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: <--- A description of my feelings about this! :D

Please take care, looking forward to your new written contributions to the forum, we here are all cheering for you and for your greatest today and tomorrow!
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
oak

Post by oak »

Corny-ness following:

Like Billy Joel said, I accept you just the way you are.

I send high fives over the internet. You feel what feels natural to feel. You be you. You are appreciated!
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
serious_oregon

Post by serious_oregon »

Thanks very much, Manuel & Oak!
On top of everything else I ended up getting the flu yesterday afternoon which had me at home today thinking all those negative thoughts I don't need to be thinking. Too much alone time isn't a benefit for this kid. I was glad to get on the forum and at least reach out a bit because I knew some one would end up making me smile.

Our Internet is down at home so I have to type this via my phone. I had hoped to do some writing on the forum today then our router bit it. When it rains it pours, BUT I'm taking it as it comes and giving you both hugs and high-fives for being my friends. It helped a lot to check in and see your responses.

And Oak, anyone who quotes Billy Joel is tops in my book, corny or not. xo
"Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand." - Legendary singer/songwriter/poet Patti Smith
Nevina

Post by Nevina »

You may be right, I may be crazy. ;D

Love ya, woman! I look forward to the time when both of us are strong enough to be present here.
When life gives you shit, make shitade.
weary

Post by weary »

Working too hard can give you a heart attack (ack, ack, ack, ack, ack)!

Welcome back to the boards, and I hope that you are hanging in there.
serious_oregon

Post by serious_oregon »

Thanks, weary. Ya know, I've got all the symptoms and the side effects of city life anxiety. Sometimes I feel as though I'm running on ice... :whistle: (anyone, anyone?)

I love that the Billy Joel can of worms hath been opened! Brought a smile to my face before I'm off to work.

You guys are awesome :dance: :D
oak

Post by oak »

You be you, serious.

You have an important voice. Hang in there my internet friend.
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
serious_oregon

Post by serious_oregon »

Funny. I'm working right now (driving one of my seniors on errands). She's in a shoe store. Told me to go to Starbucks. I am realizing how bad my social anxiety is getting. Can't stand to be around even small groups of people. Ergh. The super sucky thing is I don't even understand where this is coming from!

Thanks for the kind words, Oak! (Just so you know, "Running On Ice" is a Billy Joel song, too. He wrote a lot about feeling crazy!)
tangledlaces

Post by tangledlaces »

I hope you're doing a little bit better. I know the feelings and they're rough, and even more frustrating when you know it's going on but can't really do anything to change it. Hang in there.

Hugs

Return to “Anxiety”