Has Panic Away worked for anyone?

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
Rant Casey

Has Panic Away worked for anyone?

Post by Rant Casey »

I am new to the forum, but a long time listener of the mental illness happy hour. I have been suffering from panic attacks for the past several months and am currently on Paxil. A combination of medication, counseling, and my own form of CBT, has greatly reduced my attacks to about one or two a month. However, when i do get them the nausea is so great that i end up throwing up for about 2-3 days. It is misserable, but after a few days of general anxiety following the attack I feel as though I never had them.

While doing some research I came across several "cures" for panic attacks. One that seemed like it had much success is the "Panic Away" multimedia kit. I know that there are plenty of scams out there and so I thought that a great place to come to see if anyone has had success with this program exists or if it will just be a waste of money and a false sense of hope?

Rant.
kitkat

Re: Has Panic Away worked for anyone?

Post by kitkat »

Firstly, you chose a perfect username, so I applaud you.

As for Anxiety self help stuff, I'm not sure about Panic Away, but I know there are some out there that do work. I think a lot of them have sort of the same kind of stuff in them, though. If you're up for it, I'd try the bookstore/library first where you can read through something before you buy it and see if it makes sense to you. Alternatively, you might be able to download Panic Away or a demo somewhere for free, so you can also test it out instead of spending your money on something you may not like.
mcBuddha

Re: Has Panic Away worked for anyone?

Post by mcBuddha »

Hi Rant:
Panic away helped a bit. I know that some people really found it useful. I got more help from meeting people suffering the same anxiety issues I had in my Recovery International group. I think the personal contact is really important.

Mike

Return to “Anxiety”