freaking over anxiety and depression

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
yes74

Re: freaking over anxiety and depression

Post by yes74 »

Ive quit the xanax and all other drugs. Ive also quit drinking witch feels great. Ive been going to na for two weeks now and feel good. However I'm struggling with panic attacks daily. It seems to be getting better day by day. I still have a lot on my plate. Bills ect. But I'm going to stay off the hardcore meds and stay clean through it. Hopefully things get better from here.
yes74

Post by yes74 »

So I'm still off of xanax and feel really good. The anxiety has actually dissipated although it was tough for the first two weeks. I'm off of ambien as well and I've even been sleeping better. I havn't drank or done any drugs for a month and a half. I'm starting to feel like myself again though now that I'm sober I'm a little confused about who I am exactly. I hope this changes as I continue to stay sober.

I still am dealing with court. My drug test came back negative after several months but came back positive for aderoll which I also quit and the prosecuter has decided not to drop charges. This is weighing heavily on my mind right now. I'm also dead broke. I'm working but my checking account is overdrawn and I won't see a paycheck for a couple of weeks. I'm having bad stress headaches and isolating which sucks. Anyway hopefully I hang in there.
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Hang in there, yes74. Glad to hear your anxiety has dissipated. Please take care. Sending you good vibes and internet hugs.
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
yes74

Post by yes74 »

I had a decent day today but I suddenly feel really depressed and isolated. Hopefully I feel better tomorrow. I havnt felt this bad since last winter,it's really hard getting my life back on track.
bigeekgirl
Issues: depression/anxiety. co-dependence, disordered eating/using food to cope
preferred pronoun: she

Post by bigeekgirl »

Of course it's harder now. You are encountering resistance because you are moving forward. Doesn't happen when you are holding still. Keep going! You'll build muscle as you go.

BTW, finally, finally got my license. Thirty-three. My friends and family are so happy for me and proud. I feel a bit like I got potty trained ten years old. But it is great to get back and forth to work on my own.
yes74

Post by yes74 »

Congratulations on getting your license thats awesome. I am doing better then I was its gonna take time I guess I shouldnt expect everything overnight.
TinaMarie1234

Post by TinaMarie1234 »

I agree with Bigeekgirl - well said. You're moving forward and tackling so many steps together. It's hard, but it's so worth doing and you'll start building muscle and muscle memory with every step you make going through this. I'm impressed and in awe.

Return to “Anxiety”