Mommy, my tummy hurts.

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
Kittieface

Mommy, my tummy hurts.

Post by Kittieface »

Andi mms is about to get a little more graphic than people might want to read on a Sunday morning, but I'll try and baby into it.

Ever since I'm little I have had a tenancy to pass fairly large stool (yay). And sometimes a toilet will block... But nothing awful. It's something I'm used to. And it's of course worse when I am stressed out. At my worst point of anxiety and panic attacks I would get these sharp cramps. Like stabbing pain in my stomach. And it would slowly move down, like i could feel my body trying to sort out my food... Until finally I'd either go to bathroom and it would be over OR it just keep going for days.

It had gotten to the point that having a stomach ache have me a panic attack, just because I wasn't sure if I was having a panic attack or just a stomach ache unrelated to anxiety.

This week has been a particularly stressful one. I had my first appointment at the Sleep clinic and I'm told I will need to Sleep at the clinic for my test and that I am up for one of two or (as my more optimistic friends would say) both - Sleep Apnea or Narcolepsy. And I must be stressed out... Cuz I'm sleeping like garbage regardless of where I Sleep or when I go to bed or what I do. It's slowing down my performance at work and it's making me incredibly fragile, irritable and anti-social.

So Friday I decided to come home and relax. As soon as I get home, stomach in knots - exhausted and emotional. I go to the bathroom to relieve some stomach pain and bam. Toilet blocks. But this toilet is unlike any toilet I've ever seen. When it blocks, it blocks for days... And it doesn't even make sense. Definitely a plumbing issue. It's now happened three weeks in a row. And if i wasn't stressed it enough I'm dealing with this now, in what should be the place I come to recharge. So i turn off the valve, empty the tank and keep trying to push away at it.. Nothing is working. And with the task empty, somehow the water is still rising in the bowl. So now ever 4 hours i need to go fish water out of a toilet The water's coming up clear, thankfully... Euuuh anything else would have been way to gross.... That being said, I'm even waking up ever 3 hours to empty it. Not conducive to a good nights rest. My landlord is never available.... I've left him voicemail since yesterday. Called his house and his wife said he's not free until 5. So that means until 5 + at least. I'm stuck here fishing water out of the toilet every three hours.

So i woke up with morning, with a familiar pang. I live alone right now, since my husband is such in TN while we wait for his permanent residency... And while I'm living alone... Waking up anxious sucks so much more.... I just wish it was like back in the days as a kid where my mom would come in and rub my tummy. And biologically that didn't really do much. But just being with someone who loved me and was there to help, really made a difference.

I'm exhausted now and my stomach hurts. But I can't sleep.... It's day now. My brain wants to be vaguely awake with a stomach ache that I'm not sure of its origins. I can only assume exhaustion and stress... I'm pretty sure given the circumstance.

I just didn't want to be alone right now <3 thank you for giving me someone to talk to....
--So Long And Thanks For All The Fish--
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Re: Mommy, my tummy hurts.

Post by manuel_moe_g »

We are wishing you all the best, kittieface!
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
Jitters

Post by Jitters »

I feel you it sucks to not have anyone to express this stuff too. I find writing down fear or worries helps. It's also hard to separate what worries about your body are real and what is anxiety. Still working on that. My anxiety is expressed in difficulty with sleep, chest tightness, and neck pain. So when I have neck pain I have to ask myself what am I thinking about. That's just me though. Good luck on your plumbing.
bigeekgirl
Issues: depression/anxiety. co-dependence, disordered eating/using food to cope
preferred pronoun: she

Post by bigeekgirl »

Not to make light of the current issue at hand, but I encourage you to follow through with your sleep study.

I was diagnosed with sleep apnea in 2008. Best thing I ever did was getting my CPAP. I had no idea sleeping was supposed to make you feel better, not worse, in the morning.

With that, my decision is made. I'm taking a nap.
Kittieface

Post by Kittieface »

Thanks guys!

I'm reading this now and I don't even remember writing it.

Jitters, the chest pain is now kicking in when I have anxiety attacks. It's been about two months. What an awful feeling. It's like you being stabbed... And the neck tension gets so bad I get headaches... So I feel you there. My stomachs gotten better ... It's like it passed its pain to another part of my body... I don't seem to have the same digestive problems anymore. Which is good. But I get nauseous like crazy when I'm anxious now. What a trade off lol.

Bigeekgirl - no worries about making light of stuff. I'm hoping to get some help with my sleep. But they don't think I have sleep apnea, they just need to rule it out first. I have no idea what that will entail but I'm definitely getting it checked! Also I love your Pinkie Pie ^.^ is that the 1 1/2 tall plush? I have that one too!!
--So Long And Thanks For All The Fish--

Return to “Anxiety”