Diagnosed with eating disorder

This topic can also be found under Addictive Behaviors
Lestereric
Issues: eating disorder
preferred pronoun: he

Diagnosed with eating disorder

Post by Lestereric »

I have been diagnosed with eating disorder last month. I have managed to calm things down to average bingeing often feeling guilty after eating fattening foods. I am interested to know if anyone else suffers from any kind of obsession with food/eating disorder. Will any kind of eating disorders treatment in Torontohelp for this? Will there any medical complication from the disorder similar to those of obesity?
fifthsonata

Re: Diagnosed with eating disorder

Post by fifthsonata »

All eating disorders will have a complication. All of them. Even if you're of normal weight, binging can have adverse affects on your physical and mental health. I'm not sure what your diagnosis was specifically, but it doesn't matter - you have an eating disorder. Treatment is the only solution.

What avenue of treatment depends on you and your doctor - I went inpatient and then saw a "team" after that (nutritionist, psychologist, therapist, GP). Some people do well with just a therapist, some people do well with partial-day programs (where you spend part of the day at the treatment facility). It all depends on you.

I'd encourage you get professional help ASAP. See what they recommend. The sooner you can conquer this, the better your prognosis will be - the longer an eating disorder goes untreated, statistically, the higher your chance climbs of never recovering. It doesn't matter where you go - as long as you go and the plan works for you.

Return to “Eating Disorders”