Recovery Record

This topic can also be found under Addictive Behaviors
Cheldoll
Issues: Depression, anxiety, anorexia, sexually abused
preferred pronoun: She

Recovery Record

Post by Cheldoll »

I saw a nutritionist on Monday at the recommendation of my therapist, since I've been struggling with eating again. I told her that I'd been making sure I eat enough calories every day by using an iPhone app called MyFitnessPal to track what I eat. She recommended I try a different app Recovery Record -- it's specifically for managing eating disorders. Has anyone else heard of or used this app? I just started using it and I like it so far. It's certainly a lot less stressful than MyFitnessPal.
xoxo,
Chel

" Many people need desperately to receive this message: I feel and think much as you do,
care about many of the things you care about, although most people don't care about them.
You are not alone. " — Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
oak

Re: Recovery Record

Post by oak »

Chel, you are enough.

I accept Chel for Chel.

I can't suggest an app one way or the other, since I do not know much about ED or recovery.

What do know, some, is about people.

Since I am sorta creeped out about hugs IRL, I send you an enthusiastic high five over the internet.

Nothing you do or don't do would change my esteem for you.

Hang in there. You are enough.
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
Cheldoll
Issues: Depression, anxiety, anorexia, sexually abused
preferred pronoun: She

Post by Cheldoll »

Awww, thank you. I really appreciate you saying that. It's certainly something I struggle with... these feelings of inadequacy.
xoxo,
Chel

" Many people need desperately to receive this message: I feel and think much as you do,
care about many of the things you care about, although most people don't care about them.
You are not alone. " — Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
Churble

Post by Churble »

I've never heard of Recovery Record, but I used My Fitness Pal for a while, just as a log to prove to my doctor that I was eating like I was supposed to. I think it's fine for tracking as long as you don't join any of the message boards or add people. There's such an emphasis on exercise and weight loss that it's hard not to get caught up in it. That may be why she suggested trying something else that's more recovery focused.
If there is one thing the history of evolution has taught us it's that life will not be contained. Life breaks free, it expands to new territories and crashes through barriers, painfully, maybe even dangerously, but, well, there it is. Life finds a way.
detruns

Post by detruns »

I used to use Recovery Record. I liked being able to track different things as well as what I ate. It's really thorough and it's handy that you can have your therapist or dietician link to your account so they can see how you are doing. Ultimately I stopped using it because I relapsed and I stopped tracking for a while. Now I've been using Meal Logger since it's more basic and easier for me to log. I hope Recovery Record works for you. It's a great app

Return to “Eating Disorders”