Angry at Mom

To start a discussion post a new topic.
Geek

Angry at Mom

Post by Geek »

I was listening to the episode with Dr. Jessica Zucker, and it triggered a memory. My Mom used to take me to see the dentist when I was about 6. The dentist would kiss the kids, sometimes on the mouth. It was disturbing to me, and my Mom used to say something like "you like the dentist because he kisses you ". She thought it was freakin hilarious , but I felt violated. I know worse things have happened to people. I can't even imagine how they feel because this incident left me feeling powerless.

Now that I look back, I remember that I think the dentist used to give me too much novicaine. As an adult, if I have too much laughing gas or novicaine I would hear strange tones, like when you're being put under but you're not quite asleep yet.
Cheldoll
Issues: Depression, anxiety, anorexia, sexually abused
preferred pronoun: She

Re: Angry at Mom

Post by Cheldoll »

I can't believe your mom would say that! That is so messed up. As if anyone needs more reasons to fear the dentist...
xoxo,
Chel

" Many people need desperately to receive this message: I feel and think much as you do,
care about many of the things you care about, although most people don't care about them.
You are not alone. " — Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Return to “Childhood”