Sometimes I feel like my dog deserves better than me

Don't be afraid to describe the way you'd like to be hugged and how it would make you feel.
kmcglade86
Issues: Anxiety, depression, narcissistic parents, self worth, incest, abuse
preferred pronoun: She

Sometimes I feel like my dog deserves better than me

Post by kmcglade86 »

I can blame what I'm feeling on a lot right now - period hormones, missed a few days of medication, life being particularly "up-in-the-air" right now - but I just feel shitty and sad. I came home from work and was too preoccupied with my own issues to realize that my dog needed to be outside longer than I allowed him to be. What started off as a simple "I wish Murphy didn't have to stay inside all day while I'm at work" turned into "You are a disgusting piece of selfish human trash and you should be ashamed of your carelessness." I hate feeling this way, and this doesn't happen a lot, but when it does happen, it leaves me restless and crying all through the night, bringing EVERY. SINGLE. THING. that I struggle with. I am just really unhappy at the moment and it sucks really bad. I tried writing things that would make me feel better about myself, because that helps me sometimes, but tonight it just made me feel even more sad. I hope everyone else is having a better night than I am.

-K
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Re: Sometimes I feel like my dog deserves better than me

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Your mean voice inside your head is trying to trick you. You are worthy and deserving of self-love. Please take care, all the best, Cheers!
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
Beany Boo
Issues: Risk averse, conversation difficulty, relationship difficulty
preferred pronoun: He/him

Re: Sometimes I feel like my dog deserves better than me

Post by Beany Boo »

Hey welcome.

It's okay to feel super sad. You don't have to find a specific reason to justify it. It's hard enough going through it at all without trying to control the onslaught. Sadness is good, or rather, it just 'is'. Punishing yourself for it or trying to schedule when it comes on, is difficult to control. But you're entitled to feel overtaken by painful sadness and to still lead a regular daily life as well.

It's a good idea to get help expressing it if it's a struggle to do so.
Mr (blue) B. Boo

‘Out of nowhere the mind comes forth.’ - Zen koan

‘Let go or be dragged.’ - Zen proverb

‘Knowing how to yield is strength.’ - Laozi

Return to “I Just Really Need a Hug”