I'll be next in line

Don't be afraid to describe the way you'd like to be hugged and how it would make you feel.
marathonbar

I'll be next in line

Post by marathonbar »

Put me on the list today. Overall I've been doing better, but today just woke up feeling like shit. That sense of dread and doom. I have a cold and I got my period. My son is home from school and I feel pressure to entertain him. I need to lose about 40 pounds and all I want to do is eat chocolate. I have an assignment for work that is due tomorrow that I haven't even started and don't know where to begin. I fear that I've lost all my creative spark and my best days are behind me. A hug would be really nice right now. Even better if I was wrapped up in a down-filled Snuggie. Instead, I'll force myself to get on the treadmill. Exercise is always the best medicine for me. I just wish this flatness would go away.
I'm ready to live a life of joy.
Fredbo

Re: I'll be next in line

Post by Fredbo »

Well marathonbar, Fredbo here to give you a big bear hug... Chocolate does sound good though!
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
MizLzie

Post by MizLzie »

*BIG (while still appropriate for any personal space requirements you might have) HUG*

It's rainy and gross where I am and a down filled Snuggie sounds pretty fantastic, to tell you the truth. :)
marathonbar

Post by marathonbar »

Thanks guys. I really do feel better!
I'm ready to live a life of joy.
talkthedog

Post by talkthedog »

Extra hugs here!
Paul Gilmartin
Issues: Depression, Alcoholism, Drug Addiction, Incest Survivor
preferred pronoun: He

Post by Paul Gilmartin »

Yeah, a big hug to you Marathonbar.

I'm LOVING that you guys are posting in this thread. At 50 I'm just starting to realize how basic our need for comforting is. How often it's overlooked and how we compensate in other ways (trying to be perfect, or extraordinary) instead of just getting vulnerable and saying "I'm hurting over here." Been hugging my wife a lot lately (mostly for me).

Paul :)
http://mentalpod.comNothing degrades the quality of my life like obsessing about the quality of my life.

Return to “I Just Really Need a Hug”