My broken, codependent heart

Don't be afraid to describe the way you'd like to be hugged and how it would make you feel.
Dopamine Fiend

My broken, codependent heart

Post by Dopamine Fiend »

I just got out of a 4 year codependent relationship. We were friends, companions, lovers, etc. I don't think I have a hard time loving myself (not to say I have a great self-image), but I know she did. We were both actively using hard drugs when the relationship began, but we got clean and stayed clean together. That was within the first year of our relationship... As time went on we had less and less fun together, and the fights/issues between us were stupid and cyclical. We both knew this was coming months ago, so I'd call the breakup mutual, yet she made the call so I still feel rejected. My feelings are simultaneously of freedom and of heartbreak. I NEED A HUG!!!!! I don't have friends around because I always ditched them for my relationship (though I know I could reach out), and I don't feel comfortable going to family for support. I'm in therapy, but it's CBT and what the heck can that help for a codependent suffering heartbreak. Whatever, time will heal, and I know I can find someone better, but I still want her here with me right now. Hugs? Anyone? :violin:
COMING SOON! I'll find an interesting and thought provoking quote later!
MizLzie

Re: My broken, codependent heart

Post by MizLzie »

*HUG* for you. I highly suggest reaching out, ya never know what you could find. I was lucky and found a few people I believe I can rely on. It's a good feeling. And if not? Well, easy way to weed out the yuck.

I love this:
Pepper

Post by Pepper »

*hug*

Yeah, I'd suggest reaching out to someone you trust. They'll probably be glad to have you back as a friend, and you deserve support. Hope all gets better xx
You can never change where you're from
No matter who I will accuse
I'm gonna get on with a better life
And one day I won't be bad news
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Cheldoll
Issues: Depression, anxiety, anorexia, sexually abused
preferred pronoun: She

Post by Cheldoll »

Huggggg. I can definitely relate to feeling friendless after being in a codependent relationship, but I agree with the other two posters -- try reaching out to old friends even if it feels fruitless. Hell, you reached out here to total strangers and we love you.
xoxo,
Chel

" Many people need desperately to receive this message: I feel and think much as you do,
care about many of the things you care about, although most people don't care about them.
You are not alone. " — Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Return to “I Just Really Need a Hug”