The Opposite of What I Imagined.

Describe any moments from your life that were transformative or revelatory, good or bad.
TelephantITRoom
Issues: Depression, Anxiety, OCD, Aspergers

The Opposite of What I Imagined.

Post by TelephantITRoom »

So, I did something stupid a few days ago. I stopped taking my antidepressants because I decided I didn't deserve to be depressed. I decided I didn't deserve my supportive community of mental health understanders. I didn't deserve my blog or my readership.

This all seems to have stemmed from my grandmother's recent death and my decision that I had no right to be depressed when others are sick and dying and have real problems whereas I in reality don't have many real problems at all.

Anyway, after having 3 days of constant panic attacks from my cold turkey attempt I realised what I had done and went back to my pills. I wrote about it on my blog expecting a huge backlash of angry readers telling my how bad I am.

What I got was nothing but support. People telling me I was brave to go back to my pills and that I did deserve all of the things I felt I didn't. This has been such a fantastic thing for me to experience. I am so proud to be part of a community of such supportive people.
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Re: The Opposite of What I Imagined.

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Read your blog post - so cool you have such a supportive group of blog readers! Please take care, and love yourself!
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress

Return to “Seminal Moments”