MY FEAR OFF LIST

Create a new topic to list your fears or just comment on other people's.
LaMont Cranston

MY FEAR OFF LIST

Post by LaMont Cranston »

I sent these to Paul in December, hoping that he would read them in a podcast. ANyway, I thought I'd share them here:

- I’m afraid that the kidney that I got from my brother in a transplant 6 years ago will fail.

- I’m afraid of dying way too early and not experiencing all of the things that I want to out of life.

- I’m afraid of being very old and getting something like Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, or Lou Gehrig’s Disease and that I will have to depend on someone else for everything.

- I’m afraid of becoming a pariah among my friends.

- I’m afraid that I won’t be able to pay off all of my debts.

- I’m afraid that my fiancé’ will either break up with me, or leave me standing at the altar.

- I’m afraid that something will happen to my Dad and I won’t be able to tell him how much of a hero he was to me.

- I’m afraid of going to Hell when I die.

- I’m afraid of having something go horribly wrong that wasn’t my fault, and being sent to Prison.

- I’m afraid that I won’t be able to get a really good job.

- I’m afraid that when the current, temporary job I have wraps up, that I will be unemployed forever.

- I’m afraid of having a heart attack or a stroke when I’m all alone and it will be days before someone finds me, and then it will be too late.

- I’m afraid of driving on a rain-slicked road late at night, hitting the brakes to quick, and have my car go hurtling over a cliff.

- I’m afraid of being shot from behind.

- I’m afraid of going to a doctor’s appointment and being told to “get my affairs in order.”

- I’m afraid of making the wrong decision for a loved one when it comes to sustaining their life or ending it.

- I’m afraid that the ear infection that I have right now will never go away.

- I’m afraid of losing my hearing, and I won’t be able to hear any of the albums and music in my collection.

- I’m afraid of losing my vision and all of the DVDs that I haven’t watched yet will be a huge waste.

- I’m afraid of going into the hospital, if the need ever arises.

If I think of any more, I will post them here.

Thanks.
Cheldoll
Issues: Depression, anxiety, anorexia, sexually abused
preferred pronoun: She

Re: MY FEAR OFF LIST

Post by Cheldoll »

Some of these sound really familiar -- did he read them? I know a lot of people's fears overlap, but I remember hearing the vision/DVD one and thinking it was amazing. This is a really good list.
xoxo,
Chel

" Many people need desperately to receive this message: I feel and think much as you do,
care about many of the things you care about, although most people don't care about them.
You are not alone. " — Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
Nevina

Re: MY FEAR OFF LIST

Post by Nevina »

I'm positive Paul read that list! I remember him saying LaMont Cranston's name before the survey. :)
When life gives you shit, make shitade.

Return to “Fear Off”