Fear off

Create a new topic to list your fears or just comment on other people's.
Mr. ImPerfect

Fear off

Post by Mr. ImPerfect »

I am afraid I will never succeed in my career because I will be so specialized that I cannot figure out how to anything except what I'm doing right now.
I am afraid of failing and everyone saying, "I knew he would. He should have never tried. He was always going to fail."
I'm afraid that I will drop a baby if I hold it.
I'm afraid that I will put unrealistic expectations on my future kids and they will grow up even more fucked up than I did.
I'm afraid that I will blame my wife if we have children that aren't born healthy.
I'm afraid that I will never be able to accept a compliment without thinking that the person was obliged to tell me "Thank you."
I'm afraid that one day my wife will wake up and realize that I am too broken and that she cannot support me anymore.
I'm afraid that I will lose my mental capacity and end up with dementia or Alzheimer's like my grandpa.
I'm afraid that I will never be able to make enough money to get out of debt and my family will suffer for it.
I'm afraid that I will not be paying attention while driving one day and as I am making a right turn from a stop, I will hit someone because I was looking the other way for traffic.
I'm afraid that my words are so powerful that one day I will speak my mind and it will offend everyone so much that they leave me and don't want anything to do with me ever again.
I'm afraid of being abandoned.

That's all I got for now.
CampOutside

Re: Fear off

Post by CampOutside »

I'm afraid that I will not be paying attention while driving one day and as I am making a right turn from a stop, I will hit someone because I was looking the other way for traffic.
Same thing here. Living in a larger community with more pedestrians is terrifying. Making right turns close to my job gets so scary as so many people are crossing the street.
guybrarian

Re: Fear off

Post by guybrarian »

I am afraid I will never succeed in my career because I will be so specialized that I cannot figure out how to anything except what I'm doing right now.
Am I correct in assuming that you are/were in grad school? Because I know WAY more about the thiol-induced reactions of 1,2-benzodithiozone-1-oxides than 99.99999% of every one on this planet.
‎'The lexicographer Wilfred Funk was once invited to say what he thought was the most beautiful word in the English language and nominated “mange.” If asked, I would without hesitation give the word “library.”' -Christopher Hitchens

Return to “Fear Off”