Getting married does not equal happiness

Create a new topic to list your fears or just comment on other people's.
NoWireHangers
Issues: Depression, Anxiety, abusive relationships
preferred pronoun: She

Getting married does not equal happiness

Post by NoWireHangers »

This didn't used to be a fear but...

...I'm only 31, and I don't consider myself unattractive, but one of my biggest fears is that I will never find someone who will love me enough to commit to me.

I know people get married/date well into their elderly years, but I can't help but feel the insecurity as I watch all these people getting married or popping out babies - EVEN the ones from high school that were complete assholes.

Ok that was vindictive, but SERIOUSLY. Anyone else fear this? Or am I just pathetic?
"I took a deep breath and listened to the old bray of my heart. I am. I am. I am."
-Sylvia Plath, The Bell Jar
pizza_dreamer
Issues: Anxiety • Depression • Alcohol

Re: Getting married does not equal happiness

Post by pizza_dreamer »

Are you seeing all of these wedding and baby announcements on Facebook? Personally, I would compare myself to others' lives on Facebook so much that it made me quit the whole thing altogether. Not that I'm suggesting quitting Facebook for you (if you're on it), but know that what people put out there is what they want you to see. A lot of people put out this sanitized, glossy portrayal of their lives that might not be totally accurate.

By the way, nice Mommy Dearest reference in your username...
TJ248
Issues: Addiction Issues

Re: Getting married does not equal happiness

Post by TJ248 »

Someday I wanna get married and have kids, but for now, let me enjoy myself hanging out with some girls. :mrgreen:

Return to “Fear Off”