Some sort of dad kidnapping me dream

To start a discussion post a new topic, otherwise just comment on other people's.
kitkat

Some sort of dad kidnapping me dream

Post by kitkat »

This was a couple nights ago, so it's not as fresh as it once was. It's obviously not the first "father back in life" dreams I've had, but this one was definitely different and I woke up very sweaty and upset, so. Obviously that would be fun to share?

So, the dream is that I am in my childhood home alone with my older brother and younger sister. We're younger than we are now, maybe teenagers. It's night time and my father and his new wife knock on the door and say that we have to come with them and that we agreed to this before and it was all agreed to. I scream and tell them to leave, the step-mother is very insistent, saying that we are being unreasonable and selfish and that we agreed to this. I lock the door and call the police, except in dream ways, where the phone won't dial out the first few times, then someone answers, except it's sort of like in a ham radio where I am tuning in to someone else's call. The operator says hello and I ask if this is the police, she says yes, and I say that my father is here and trying to come in the house and make us leave with them. The operator says there is nothing she can do and that I should just talk to my father, I tell her that she doesn't understand. I can't remember exactly, but I think she says that someone will be by. So I go outside to try to make them leave or hold them off until police come, and then I am in the car with them somehow, and we are driving somewhere. I think they are saying they are going to just drop us off at home, so I am sitting in the car, angry, but waiting to get home. My step-brother is there, except much older than the last time I saw him. He is happy to see us, but I don't talk to him. He doesn't understand why we are upset and says something like he is disappointed cause he thought it would be a nice reunion. At some point, the car stops and we are outside my grandmother's house. I get out of the car and start yelling about how they were supposed to take us home and they tricked us and I don't want to be with them. They are saying that I am being unreasonable and that we are here now, so I should just go inside with them. There is a lot of me shouting at them to go away and leave us alone and we don't want to be around them, with them just staring blankly at me as I am freaking out, as if they can't hear me, which is sort of a common thing in my dreams. I say that I am going to walk home by myself and find a bus or whatever because I don't want to be around them. I take my brother and sister and go down the street to find a bus and where we need to go. Obviously, as it is a dream, I can't figure out the bus systems. While waiting there, I start to feel guilty that I have been talking for everyone and that maybe my sister did want to be with them and I am forcing my own shit on her. I look around to ask her, but she is gone. I run back to my grandmother's house and find her there with my father. They're watching tv and being normal, and I try to talk to my sister, but she says she's fine.

I don't really remember anything else from it. Most of the dreams I have like this are sort of where either my mother and father get back together and no one remembers what an asshole he is or they don't listen to me, etc, or that we have somehow made up and I have to forgive him or something. This one maybe seemed different somehow. Either way, inception-ing these dreams out of my brain would be super.
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Re: Some sort of dad kidnapping me dream

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Take care, kitkat. Please remember the current science on dreams tells us they are mostly about mentally rehearsing stressful situations and sometimes they are just random neurons firing to re-establish the connections that make memories so memories are not lost. Totally random.

Just take positive stuff from your dreams, and leave the negative self-doubting shit behind, because you deserve to have a life that is shit-free! :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D 8-)
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
kitkat

Post by kitkat »

Awwwww, thanks Moe! I do try to remember that, but sometimes I'm like, "why is my brain so stuck on these things?"

But yay for shit free! :D
cry baby

Post by cry baby »

It sounds like you are feeling a lack of control over this big issue, & you're not being heard by your family. Maybe establishing boundaries with them would be helpful. I've had to cut family members out of my life for not respecting my wishes. Good luck!

Return to “I Want to Share a Dream I Had or Keep Having”