Marijuana Addiction

To start a discussion, post a new topic.
Jane247
Issues: Depression
preferred pronoun: she

Marijuana Addiction

Post by Jane247 »

I have been addicted to marijuana for over 3 years and desperately want to stop because it is ruining my life. I used to smoke for my anxiety or panic attacks. But now everything has gone out of control. I lost interest in all else and my dreams go up in smoke. I tried to stop but couldn't do it at all. I got really bitchy, angry and was just depressed. My severe depression and anxiety forced me to stop working. I have been asking advice from my friends and they asked me to take anxiety disorder treatment (http://www.drcohen.ca/ ). I don't want my relationship thrown away because of this. Can anyone help me find an effective treatment and how can I recover from this addiction.
Skywalker86
Issues: Depression isolation lonliness unstable upbringing cannabis dependency
preferred pronoun: Male

Re: Marijuana Addiction

Post by Skywalker86 »

Hi Jane, I've smoked cannabis since I was 12 years old cause of my grandpa passing joints to me when I was younger then that. So I can understand where your coming from. It becomes a numbing effect after awhile and before you know it you are hooked to numbing. I've quit a few times in my life always going back to it. I'm currently clean but only because I got in trouble with possession. I live in Indiana where it's not so legal lol. This only compounds the problem. Being a chronic smoker has made me isolate myself on top of that for some reason. If you ever need to talk just hit me up. I could always use another friend ♡

Return to “Addictive Substances”