Sugar.

To start a discussion, post a new topic.
ClementM

Re: Sugar.

Post by ClementM »

bridgetbones wrote:Cinnamon is supposed to cure sugar cravings/regulate blood sugar and added to green tea is a nice caffeine bump and good for your metabolism. Best of luck.
I didn't know that about cinnamon. Thanks for sharing the info, I'll try it out.
neilh

Post by neilh »

Sugar is a hard one to kick. It's everywhere...

Post by oak »

Hi friends.

Though I am too scared to create an anxiety exposure hierarchy yet for reducing my sugar consumption, I can list here my first few steps:

1. Get several books out from the library about sugar (done).

2. Pick up said books, but not open them.

3. Read any of the books for 5 min.

4. Ready another book for 10.

btw, in case you're wondering what an exposure hierarchy is, or why I've chosen such seemingly-easy actions, please see the link below.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exposure_hierarchy
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
snoringdog
Issues: anxiety, depression, automatic negative thoughts, intrusive thoughts, SAD.
preferred pronoun: "Good Boy!"

Post by snoringdog »

Hello Oak!

Read this thread, and there's a bit of a time gap, so maybe I missed something....
Anxiety about sugar consumption is a new factor?

I never was a pop fan myself (except for the occasional Vernors or Ginger Beer) but certain sweets are pretty addictive, especially when they're available when under stress, or you're overly-hungry from having missed a meal...

BTW - Did the cinnamon do anything for you?

(Ah, that just brought back memories of something I have not thought about and enjoyed for years - Cinnamon Toast! :P )

Regards

SD

Return to “Addictive Substances”