For those who want to break free from a Narcissist

DrCatPantsPhd

For those who want to break free from a Narcissist

Post by DrCatPantsPhd »

About 5 years ago, I started a relationship with a man who turned out to be a textbook case Narcissist. I don't want to go into specifics (cause really, at this point they bore me) but I struggled for almost 3 years (of a 4 year relationship) to get away from this man and to regain control of my life.

Paul's work shining a light on narcissists and co-narcissism helped, as did my therapist. But there is no doubt that Melanie Tonia Evans aided the most in my recovery.

If you're struggling with the aftermath of narcissistic abuse (or are still in an abusive relationship) I HIGHLY recommend her website and podcast. It may seem cheesy at first, but her approach is unlike anyone else's and I started feeling the effects almost immediately after listening to her.

While she charges for some of her offerings, there's an abundance of valuable information and help on her website for free. http://www.melanietoniaevans.com

P.S. I wasn't paid to endorse this or anything. I just really believe in this woman's work and want to help others who are in my position.
Bri9227

Re: For those who want to break free from a Narcissist

Post by Bri9227 »

I LOVE HER. She offers tons of articles/advice for free (you can go more in depth with her other services that she charges for). I haven't paid a cent though and I have been helped tremendously. Thanks for the great suggestion, I hope others will look into it :)
Adam

Post by Adam »

Thank you for posting this. I was married to a person who I have since found out definitely fits that category. Ironically, when we were married and she was trying to put names to what she thought was wrong with me, she called me one. I did some reading and that opened my eyes. What opened them even more was having a friend wake me up to what was going on.

The marriage was emotionally destructive to me, and I'm still recovering. If you suspect someone else suffers from this, do some reading, and arm yourself with some great knowledge!
DrCatPantsPhd

Post by DrCatPantsPhd »

Adam-

Sounds like she was employing the classic "projection" technique on you by calling you a narcissist. I was at the receiving end of that, too. It's amazing how absolutely detached from reality they can be.

Best of luck on your recovery!

Return to “Narcissistic Personality Disorder or Narcissism”