Losing my sister

Before posting a new topic, make sure a similar one doesn't already exist here or in another forum thread more specific to the issue.
rivergirl
Issues: Depression, Anxiety

Losing my sister

Post by rivergirl »

I'm not sure where to post this. A lot of family medical issues this year, and then yesterday unexpectedly heard that one of my sisters who lives in another state is on life support and not expected to make it. She has a long history of abusing prescription drugs, but this is still unexpected to me. I think I'm too much in shock from the other medical situations I've been dealing with locally involving my mom and other sister to process another potential loss. I haven't mentioned it at work because I don't even know what to say or how to answer questions about what happened.

I appreciate having a place to share this.
manuel_moe_g
preferred pronoun: he

Re: Losing my sister

Post by manuel_moe_g »

I am so sorry to hear this, rivergirl, please take care, will be sending you strength over the Internet line and you are in our thoughts.
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
oak

Post by oak »

In the words of Jonathan Goldstein, there is a time for small talk, and there is a time for Big Talk.

It is time for Big Talk.
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
brownblob
Issues: depression and anxiety
preferred pronoun: whatshisname

Post by brownblob »

sorry to hear this rivergirl
my thoughts will be with you
I don't like people much and they don't much like me. -A Beautiful Mind
I'm Homesick for a home I never had.--Soul Asylum "Homesick"
rivergirl

Post by rivergirl »

Thank you for the kind thoughts, guys.

I think my sister's husband and daughter will have her taken off life support today and allow her to pass away. She was my big sister and the last couple of days I've been experiencing a lot of good memories about her from childhood and the years before she and her husband got so fully lost in their addictions to alcohol and opiates. I always knew it was possible or even probable that she would die early and yet it still comes as a shock.

Thanks again for listening.

Return to “Family Troubles”