Sins of the father

Before posting a new topic, make sure a similar one doesn't already exist here or in another forum thread more specific to the issue.
WesleyDWaters
Issues: Depression and suicidal ideation
preferred pronoun: He

Sins of the father

Post by WesleyDWaters »

I was recently informed of the abuse my father inflicted on my sister and others, she claims he's a pedophile. I remembered some events in which I was present during some completely abusive and sick moments. I was also abused by a girl that he abused. I'm so confused and lost I'd never become anything like him I just need answers.
rivergirl
Issues: Depression, Anxiety

Re: Sins of the father

Post by rivergirl »

WesleyDWaters,
I'm so sorry that you and your sister experienced this. In the most recent episode of the podcast there was a discussion about how a child who is present during abuse of a sibling is also a victim of abuse. Please don't feel like you have to deal with this all on your own. A couple of organizations that might be resources for information and/or support:

https://1in6.org/

https://www.rainn.org/
Namu
Issues: Frustration with life's rules, which seem arbitrary and too hard
preferred pronoun: she

Re: Sins of the father

Post by Namu »

WDW: Add my compassion to rivergirl's. What a terrible web of experiences to face. I hope you'll look at the links rivergirl suggested, and I really hope you'll come back soon and share more of what you're going through. Anyone going through such a storm ought to have every possible source of support, and every safe place for witnessing and encouragement. Caring about people you've never met is a strange thing, but it happens here. There are people who post here who care about you, including me.

Peace to you.

Namu

Return to “Family Troubles”