Cut off from family

Before posting a new topic, make sure a similar one doesn't already exist here or in another forum thread more specific to the issue.
nowwhat
Issues: Depression, anxiety, ptsd, poverty.
preferred pronoun: She

Cut off from family

Post by nowwhat »

Today I got CUT* off by the last of my family. They don't understand mental illness. I have never felt such pain in my heart and as a result of this I will be homeless soon. I just really need somebody to talk to. Someone who's not judgmental, who understands mental illness. I saw my counselor tonight thank God. But my friends are pulling away because they're sick of my problems, they don't understand because they don't have mental illness. My counselor told me that they are sick, my family. The things that I have told her about other family members, she knows that I have been abused. And these are the last ones that said they would be there for me but now they've pulled the rug out from under me and also accused me of stuff that is not even true. I am utterly alone. I don't know what to do. Even though I know the truth and they are the ones that are sick in the head, it doesn't help the pain. I need someone to chat with.*
*=edited to add
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Re: Cut off from family

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Please take care, please don't feel like you are utterly alone. Use this little forum as a resource. I wish I could say something not trite to take your pain away. Keep the lines of communication open, NowWhat.
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
snoringdog
Issues: anxiety, depression, automatic negative thoughts, intrusive thoughts, SAD.
preferred pronoun: "Good Boy!"

Re: Cut off from family

Post by snoringdog »

Hello Nowhat,

I'm so sorry to hear about this (just saw your message this am).
Hard to know where to begin.... thank goodness you do have someone to talk to....

Is your family evicting you? What's going on?

SD

Return to “Family Troubles”