Age fixation

little mighty
Issues: Anxiety, OCD, eating disorders
preferred pronoun: she

Age fixation

Post by little mighty »

Yep, me with the relationship issues again! Okay, VERY long story short, there's a guy who has expressed interest in me who happens to be a few years younger (I'm 30, he's 27). REALLY not a big deal logically, right? Maturity level isn't an issue here either. BUT...for some reason, my brain chooses to fixate on the age difference and make it a BIG issue. It's causing me massive anxiety and I'm getting more confused by the day. I want nothing more than to keep seeing him, but this anxiety is like shackles and I can't shake off the feeling. I'm asking myself constantly why the age thing is bothering me so much, but have come up with no answers. Any ideas???
Fargin
Issues: Avoidant Personality Disorder

Re: Age fixation

Post by Fargin »

Not sure, but since you write: "me with the relationship issues again," I'd say while your feelings, thoughts and worries are legit, they might just be the way your mind shaped itself to cope with the world. Think of the positives, think of the negatives and then remind yourself, that part of your coping mechanisms is to search for the negatives to protect yourself from harm. Maybe you can find some kindness or compassion for the worried filter you view this relationship with, so you can experience all the positive thing of this relationship, even though your worries and anxiety still exist.

Best of luck, if you deserve happiness, then I probably do too. ;)

Return to “Relationship Troubles”