Radical 何かDiary - a Life in the Day of Vaporwave

Feel free to comment on other people's diary entries, but start a new thread click "post a new topic" to write about your own life. Title the thread the name of your username. Like "XXXXX's Diary"
Vaporwave
Issues: Body dysmorphia, mutism, avoidance
preferred pronoun: He

Re: Radical 何かDiary - a Life in the Day of Vaporwave

Post by Vaporwave »

If I'm being honest with you I was going to apply for a job today but I ended up being lazy and not going out. So that's maybe 1-for-2. Not good enough. I'll go out that way tomorrow afternoon. As long as I'm getting there by tomorrow I'll cut myself some slack.

Man, do I need some kind of stabilizer in my life. Another job would be great, and ideally some kind of self-improvement. I'm in school to become a planning technician, and I'd like to keep doing work to improve my skills.
oak

Post by oak »

While sincere, my congratulations were typed when I was more asleep than awake.

You have done very well, Vaporware. Getting new glasses is extremely important.
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
Vaporwave

Post by Vaporwave »

I get glasses tomorrow! And I found a new breakfast place. I think I'll apply for a part-time gig there too. Why not. I've thrown my resume anywhere I've found a spot for it that doesn't sound like a scam.

Maybe I'm overthinking things.
oak

Post by oak »

Very good. Very good indeed.

I did much better in the job market when I got new glasses.
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
Vaporwave

Post by Vaporwave »

Being able to actually see is a pretty solid perk, all told! My old glasses are all yellowed and scratched. I was shocked by how much brighter the world is with new lenses. And I don't look (as) desperately poor as before, so that's good. It was super hot here today but I went to the gym and got glasses, so close enough by my books.

At least my nursing home job gave me more hours. I'll take that too. And go to that place in the mall to apply. That was a solid breakfast.
Vaporwave

Post by Vaporwave »

There's a song that has really spoken to me of late. It's by a rapper named Aesop Rock, who is one of my heroes for having the courage to rap about emotional struggles and pains. Last year he released an amazing album called the Impossible Kid; I wrote down some lines that really spoke to me from the song "Get Out of the Car" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwoyo0Rt4Bw

"Not the "ever after" he wanted from the "once upon a time" dot, dot, dot/Once upon a time he was so much more than a punchline for his own potshots";

"I was poison, heart full of canines, head full of voices/Whole life trying to quiet 'em down/Like a suicide king with a knife in his crown/Hounds at bay, but they just won't stay/True friendship in a tugboat way";

"You can own what you are/And still sit around stoned in your car/Not doing shit, halfway to nil/Cranky and waiting for a boss key and hat full of bills/Get out the car, Aes[op]"

The next song on the album, called "Shrunk", takes off from the idea of "getting out of the car" and trying to improve his lot. That transition is kind of where I'm at. At least that's what I'm trying to tell myself.

Return to “Dear Diary”