New Year's Day 2020

Feel free to comment on other people's diary entries, but start a new thread click "post a new topic" to write about your own life. Title the thread the name of your username. Like "XXXXX's Diary"
snoringdog
Issues: anxiety, depression, automatic negative thoughts, intrusive thoughts, SAD.
preferred pronoun: "Good Boy!"

Re: New Year's Day 2020

Post by snoringdog »

When we were kids, my dad bought us a little reel-to-reel tape recorder that we had fun with. At some point, I guess we were going on and on and driving our mother crazy.

She lost it, and yelled "Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up SHUT UP!
I happened to have the recorder on and captured it. After a period of quiet and when she'd calmed down, I played it back with all of us there.

At first, I could see the steam rising but then she burst out laughing.... It was great.

About the driving.... I have problem with the way people behave on the road, and a lot of it is warranted. (Careless and now post-Covid, especially aggressive and dangerous maneuvers). But I'm trying not to become emotional about it because that's dangerous too, and not good for the blood pressure. And my anger isn't going to transmit telepathically to them and make them change. ;)

The other day I was a passenger, with my wife driving and she started to get really steamed about traffic. I tried to explain the above to her, and she got pissed at me! :o

I guess that's no good in the heat of the moment, and maybe just an affirmation is what's needed.....

Return to “Dear Diary”