Radical 何かDiary - a Life in the Day of Vaporwave

Feel free to comment on other people's diary entries, but start a new thread click "post a new topic" to write about your own life. Title the thread the name of your username. Like "XXXXX's Diary"
Vaporwave
Issues: Body dysmorphia, mutism, avoidance
preferred pronoun: He

Radical 何かDiary - a Life in the Day of Vaporwave

Post by Vaporwave »

Couldn't resist the chance to make my title vaporwave-related. Sorry/not sorry.

What happened today. I'm an executive assistant to a clown who also runs a party rental warehouse. Shit's absolutely bananas - nothing makes sense, you need impossibly thick skin to survive the place, and I think my coworkers think I'm hiding pattern baldness because I wear my Vermont Lake Monsters hat to work every day and never take it off. I've been drinking a couple of beers after work for the last little while - gotta keep eyes on that. Otherwise, I'm spending too much time scrolling on the Internet and not enough time enriching my soul or whatever it is that you're supposed to do. My blog, which is a massive project detailing Canada's sins and failures to the nth degree is still clearing decent views and that feeds my ginormous ego. I've been really nervous the last few days, probably because I've started a new job and the boss is just a bit too far past nuts for my liking, but I'll live.

Stay excellent, amigos!
oak

Re: Radical 何かDiary - a Life in the Day of Vaporwave

Post by oak »

Very interesting!

Thanks for sharing.
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
Vaporwave

Post by Vaporwave »

I've decided to quit the clown job. It's a little too crazy for me. I have been super stressed and I didn't eat lunch today, and I saw the clown blow up on some innocent dude this afternoon. Taking care of myself means knowing when to hold and when to fold. Time for the latter.
Vaporwave

Post by Vaporwave »

Long day at my nursing home job. Lots of big parties, big confusing messes, the whole lot. Someone brought a really nice coconut cake though. I made sure to take down the baker's number. Also made $65 in tips - not bad for a place that doesn't technically allow tipping!

God, am I boring. My cat is meowling at a door again.
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Not boring, happy to celebrate small victories with you! Take care. :D
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
Vaporwave

Post by Vaporwave »

Worked late today at the old folk's home. I was going to walk home but the bus showed up just as I was getting out the door and man was that too tempting. I'm a lazy fuck. Never mind that it's a 5 mile walk from work to my place. I ought to be able to do that. Because arbitrary reasons! Oh, and I've eaten nothing but a jalapeno bagel with cream cheese from this morning. And probably had the sum of a pot of coffee. Still feeling a bit jittery, though I did fall into my usual habit of "want to eat, cannot bring self to eat, claim that weed will make me want to eat, fail to eat, want to eat" and am in between "weed" and "failing to eat". Not my favorite place to be, but there you are.

I'm hoping to convince myself that starting on the next post on what I call my "hate-blog" will make me feel better. Worth a shot. When I'm feeling less ambitious I clean up an old post. I'm trying to make posts more factual and less angry. I read the old posts (from about the time of my second account here) and shudder. I'm in a better place now than I was before. Also, holy shit. I've done so much research about Canada just to write about this place's failures. It is bad that hate-writing is nourishing? Probably.

Stay Aesthetic, everyone!
oak

Post by oak »

I've decided to quit the clown job. It's a little too crazy for me.
Beautifully written!

A novel in a sentence.
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
Vaporwave

Post by Vaporwave »

That job was nuts. The toilet was where the microwave was. Nothing made any sense, my desk nearly caught fire on the first day...bad times.

Speaking of bad times, or specifically not bad times, today was pretty okay. Brought our vacuum to the vacuum repair shop. Walked a lot. Did yoga. Can't complain. Shit, the fact that I'm writing this as late as I am kind of says that I was up to shit all day. Go me...?
Vaporwave

Post by Vaporwave »

I have done the unthinkable. After almost 10 years of wearing sepia-toned, crappy glasses I have finally purchased new ones. And I defied my girlfriend's wishes and got Transitions, even though she hates them. I've also gone to the gym, cleaned up my e-mails, applied for work, and I've been reading a book I got for Christmas last year finally. I'm excited for my new book to come in tomorrow, too.

Having done all sorts of stuff, why is it that I keep calling myself lazy and useless?
oak

Post by oak »

You got glasses?

Well done. I am very proud of you.

Return to “Dear Diary”